©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cutting Diet.. Feel free to critique...

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Meal 1
5 eggs
2 packages oatmeal
1 cup orange juice

Meal 2
8 oz Tuna
8 oz green beans

Meal 3
10 oz chicken
2 bananas

Meal 4
8oz Tuna
8 oz green beans

Meal 5
10 oz Steak
8 oz green beans

Meal 6
4 eggs
2 Bananas
4 oz green beans

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 56

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
John, what time are you training? How many days per week are you training and what type of training are you doing?

What is your cardio schedule like? Type of cardio?

Another consideration, what is your body structure? Are you tall with long limbs? Do you hold weight around your midsection? back? ass? chest?

What is your current BF% and weight? What are your goals?

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
John, what time are you training? How many days per week are you training and what type of training are you doing?

What is your cardio schedule like? Type of cardio?

Another consideration, what is your body structure? Are you tall with long limbs? Do you hold weight around your midsection? back? ass? chest?

What is your current BF% and weight? What are your goals?

I plan on stating this Monday and up till then I do zero cardio but plan on just running on the treadmill for 20 mins after each workout. I am 6'4 230lbs and hold my weight in my mid section. And yes I have long arms and legs. I train after work at 4:30 for an hour. I dont know my bf% but I would guess around 18%-20%.. Just looking to lean out some and be around 10%-12%...

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
This is just how I would work things and keep in mind I know everyone has different approaches....

It sounds like your body would respond beeter to a volume style training than and HIT or high frequency plan (correct me if I am off there). I am basing this on what I have seen in those with long limbs and a pretty tall. It seems these kind of guys can sling away with volume and grow but when they go to HIT style they don't pack on as much.

As for cardio, I would be more in favor of HIIT for 20 minute post workout. During your workout drink an EAA/BCAA drink to help with recovery and this will not interfere with cardio.

With your meals, I would drop the orange juice. I feel it is a waste of kcals to drink fruit juices unless you extract them from whole fruit. In fact, take all carbs out in the AM and focus your carbs pre and post workout, or just post workout.

I would also spread out your fats a little more (not sure how lean the steak is, but tuna is almost no fat). Use your meals around training to focus on recovery and growth and the rest of your meals to focus on fat loss (low carb, high protein, moderate fat).

Hopefully that helps a little....

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
This is just how I would work things and keep in mind I know everyone has different approaches....

It sounds like your body would respond beeter to a volume style training than and HIT or high frequency plan (correct me if I am off there). I am basing this on what I have seen in those with long limbs and a pretty tall. It seems these kind of guys can sling away with volume and grow but when they go to HIT style they don't pack on as much.

As for cardio, I would be more in favor of HIIT for 20 minute post workout. During your workout drink an EAA/BCAA drink to help with recovery and this will not interfere with cardio.

With your meals, I would drop the orange juice. I feel it is a waste of kcals to drink fruit juices unless you extract them from whole fruit. In fact, take all carbs out in the AM and focus your carbs pre and post workout, or just post workout.

I would also spread out your fats a little more (not sure how lean the steak is, but tuna is almost no fat). Use your meals around training to focus on recovery and growth and the rest of your meals to focus on fat loss (low carb, high protein, moderate fat).

Hopefully that helps a little....

Thanks for chiming in. I dont know much about cutting so I wanted an opinion from someone like you.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
Thanks for chiming in. I dont know much about cutting so I wanted an opinion from someone like you.

Oh, and one thing I have noticed and others have said as well is using a good fish oil supplement (high amounts of EPA and DHA) with several meals and eating a good amount of healthy fats will keep energy levels good, muscles full, joints healthy and cognitive processes working well despite being on lower kcals.

I really haven't found beeter bang for your buck than True Nutrition's fish oil. There are other great brands, but the value is better with TN. I also like Udo's 3-6-9 oil and Carlson's lemon fish oil both of these are liquid. Don't just get all your fats from eggs, have some egg whites and add in some coconut oil, avocados, fatty fish like salmon (both protein and fat there), some nuts, organic pasture raised butter (I get kerrygold from Costco and John Meadow's suggests this one as well).

For example, in meal one, drop the carbs maybe have a few whole eggs and lean meat or some egg whites and avocado with two whole eggs.

On off days from training I would take carbs down to below 50g per day if I really wanted to slice and dice.

Enigmatic707

AnaSCI VET
Feb 7, 2013
The oils are so key!

Avocado oil is not always easy to come by, but a good one is an awesome addition to a diet

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
The oils are so key!

Avocado oil is not always easy to come by, but a good one is an awesome addition to a diet

Avocados are a magical fruit. I'll eat them sprinkled with a little sea salt, in eggs (add some turkey, tomato, opinion and pepper), on top of fish and chicken, as a burger topping... You name it.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Im goona have to try to find some. It dont help any that I live out in the middle of nowhere!