©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Core training ? ..anyone?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Just wondering if people do much core training
.not just sittups. I mean balance ball with weights ,bosu ball exercises etc?
Im kinda realizing super heavy weights daily are causing me issues but nothing abnormal
I still take on youngsters though in iron 101..love that till im permanently
horizontal.
Today i did flat dumbell feet up holding and doing reps with with only one dumbell ..if u havent tried it its a killer.
I did other things but anyone have some real tough core ideas. Trx is ok, but i like old school with weights..thanks for the help and ideas.ib

Last edited:

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I do core exercises for my lower back, erectors, rectus abdominis, transverse and obliques but I would rather be caught in public with a dildo hanging out of my ass than be seen doing squats and presses on that bosu shit.

Here's the deal...What is you goal of training? TO get bigger and stronger and look like a badass ( if this isn't the case...go check out good housekeeping for other hobbies). When you train on an unstable surface are you going to be able to generate as much force as possible through the target muscle? Fuck no. If ypu can fine more than 100 people that can squat a reasonably heavy amount of weight (say 2.5x their BW) and do the exact same thing on a bosu ball with the same form, I'll show you the way to my pot of gold.

However, if you train the primary movers force and completely exhaust the target muscle and then fuck around with some circus shit, have at it, but you won't get as much from it because the target muscles will be too fatigues to support the load....and if they aren't, you train like a bitch (not talking about the cool chicks that do train, I mean prissy ass bitches) and should probably take up something like competitive knitting.

Plain and simple, if you are using balancing fuckwad stuff as you primary movements to target major muscle groups then you will fail to induce a sufficient stimulus on the target muscle to elicit significant hypertrophy. Will your core be strong? Yeah, sure, but will you look impressive? I can bet not.

I hope you appreciate my sarcasm... I have ranted to so many people about this and it makes me sick. But on the other hand, it frees up gym space for me :)

EDIT: If you want some functional core training...take a look at strongman training. They were the true core strength athletes. Seriously, tire flips? atlas stones? farmers carries? keg tosses? yolk walks? NOW THAT IS REAL CORE TRAINING

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Well the chick was hot Atom that showed me. So all the hype and crap on core training is just for pussys ?.
Ok i now cease all the core bs except my standard ab work..
I now feel better...thanks for making things easy..lol

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Keep those mfing thick skin beach balls the fuck out of my sight!.
I had some dunce of a woman squeeze between flat benches with one of those things in her hands. This is while I was repping some fairly heavy wt.
The need for the repair job i'm getting later today started when this shit for brains hooked the end of the bar and I had to dig to not have ripped out of my right hand . I just don't want to train in places where the majority's brains are
close cousins to what we flush and spray for. Those are not allowed within
50 feet of me at anytime . Next time I might just go pop the trunk lid.
J/k ...... kinda... T