©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Connecticut Bust

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Traffic stop turns into steroid bust

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012, 10:45 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 PM EST

Bob Wilson

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) -- A traffic stop turned into a drug bust in West Hartford, and the drug of choice is steroids.

Police say it's the biggest steroid bust the city has even seen.

"Both guys are very nervous, and they are exhibiting all kinds of signs that don't quite add up for driving around in a car that is unregistered," said Lt. Stephen Estes, West Hartford PD.

Police say it was some heads up work by one of their street officers who gets credit for the largest steroid busts in West Hartford.

It happened on South Main St., near I-84. An officer stopped two men in an unregistered car, David McGowan and Nicholas Serafini, and they were acting very strange.

One admits that maybe there are some drugs in the car, but maybe not because they might not be his," said Lt. Estes, "so we go back and forth and then the other guy admits, yeah, I have some heroin."

Police say after they found the heroin, that's when they called for the K9 unit and when the dog started sniffing, it went crazy, and that is when they knew they had more than just heroin in the car.

"And low and behold we start searching more places and come up with a ton of steroids, hundreds of pills, and five vials of liquid steroid that according to the pharmacists, he can't even get," said Lt. Estes. "This is the kind of stuff that only comes from a physician."

Police say they have charged McGowan and Sarafini with possession and manufacturing with intent to sell. The bust is so big that it may not stop with just the two arrests.

"Way more than personal consumption, so these two were moving steroids to go somewhere else," said Lt. Estes.

"Any idea where they were going," asked News 8's Bob Wilson.

"That we don't know, but we have their cell phones and there was some interesting stuff on their cell phones, so this investigation is still ongoing," said Lt. Estes.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
I saw this story over at PM...What a joke! Unbelievable in so many ways!!

allbeef

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 5, 2012
Traffic stop turns into steroid bust

Updated: Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012, 10:45 AM EST
Published : Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 10:45 PM EST

Bob Wilson

WEST HARTFORD, Conn. (WTNH) -- A traffic stop turned into a drug bust in West Hartford, and the drug of choice is steroids.

Police say it's the biggest steroid bust the city has even seen.

"Both guys are very nervous, and they are exhibiting all kinds of signs that don't quite add up for driving around in a car that is unregistered," said Lt. Stephen Estes, West Hartford PD.

Police say it was some heads up work by one of their street officers who gets credit for the largest steroid busts in West Hartford.

It happened on South Main St., near I-84. An officer stopped two men in an unregistered car, David McGowan and Nicholas Serafini, and they were acting very strange.

One admits that maybe there are some drugs in the car, but maybe not because they might not be his," said Lt. Estes, "so we go back and forth and then the other guy admits, yeah, I have some heroin."

Police say after they found the heroin, that's when they called for the K9 unit and when the dog started sniffing, it went crazy, and that is when they knew they had more than just heroin in the car.

"And low and behold we start searching more places and come up with a ton of steroids, hundreds of pills, and five vials of liquid steroid that according to the pharmacists, he can't even get," said Lt. Estes. "This is the kind of stuff that only comes from a physician."

Police say they have charged McGowan and Sarafini with possession and manufacturing with intent to sell. The bust is so big that it may not stop with just the two arrests.

"Way more than personal consumption, so these two were moving steroids to go somewhere else," said Lt. Estes.

"Any idea where they were going," asked News 8's Bob Wilson.

"That we don't know, but we have their cell phones and there was some interesting stuff on their cell phones, so this investigation is still ongoing," said Lt. Estes.

A couple jacked up gear users driving around with a shit load of gear in an unregistered car, brilliant!

AB

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Anyone know about which "sponsor's associates" it may have been if any??

I'm thinking there's speculation or known facts and am interested to know. If anyone has any information, can you please elaborate here in the VIP section or just pm me privately??

Thanks in advance guys!

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Arrested on October 27. Bail set in Court on November 8. Serafini, Nicholas, 26, of 1349 Dixwell Ave., Hamden: Charged with illegal manufacture/distribution/sale of prescription, illegal possession. Police say accused was arrested during a motor vehicle stop and steroids, liquids and pills, were found in the trunk of the vehicle. Bond $75,000.

No record of a David McGowan being charged yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 5.25.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-15 at 5.25.44 PM.png
    183.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

allbeef

AnaSCI VIP
Nov 5, 2012
This is where I would hope the people in here would have the values that would allow open discussion but also the discretion when sharing it outside the group. Maybe thats to much to hope for and this stuff just to be on the safe side should be private between members.

As someone who has been blown away by the stupid decisions of people I have been associated with (and who knew better) it can happen to anybody.

But heres the problem, if you review the lab that went down ( thank you for that section) it was the "ring leader" who manufactured!! Guys the ring leader owes it to everybody not to ever see the product. In addition, everyone associated is most likely phucked because the guy at the top blew his wad.

Thats really the problem with labs in the US, Its a fricken house of cards, cant be adequately protected, and when it pops, it rolls.

The other bust where in May they intercepted steroids, and June thousands of xanex is another one that never should have happened. Being west coast is the first problem, ordering recs is the next problem, ordering from multiple suppliers multiple countries, is the next problem. And theres a hell of alot more. The box should never have been connected to anything more than a photo.

But google and see for yourself, 80% of these are guys who get popped have absolutely no idea what they are doing. And dont think the internatiuonal suppliers are any better at figuring things out.

But the positive thats always been there is: if they are looking at him they are most likely not looking at me.

AB

Last edited:

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
This is where I would hope the people in here would have the values that would allow open discussion but also the discretion when sharing it outside the group.

I believe this is the perfect place to speak openly about this stuff...We are in a private room for a reason and this is where the uncensored discussion should be.....

Tyrone

AnaSCI VET
Feb 24, 2007
Thanks for the post, Rory! And agreed...This is the VIP and PRIVATE section where mums the word on what goes on in here...Just like what happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas.

I think we can all agree that this is the case here.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Yea, this story boggles my mind....the position some unintelligent users put themselves into....

I'm kind of speechless to be honost.