©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Coffee addict?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Just curious who here has to drink coffee and or some special brand they feel is the best? I live in coffee state USA with Starbucks and Tullys which is being bought by a hollywood celebrity.Starbucks to me is a real burnt dark taste and Tullys is good but peets coffee and tea get my vote when I drink coffee.. What do you guys drink? I hate seeing 5.75 for a grande latte when I can grab a 5$ footlong sub. Crazy expensive..ib

SoccerDad

Donating Member
Jan 21, 2013
Midwest
My whole family is a bunch of coffee fanatics. We use a Cuisinart cone filter machine and fill it to the brim with coffee. We also use RO filtered water. We have been using the Costco World Blend, a little under $6 per pound. It is a great coffee, but we would prefer it to be a little finer grind.

We were getting some great stuff from Coffee AM, but they could not handle an autoship program very well, and I finally bailed on them.

Gevalia has been showing up in retail stores -- it is good stuff but pricey.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
Someone was telling me a couple of weeks ago that the world would be out of coffee within a certain amount of years due to the demand. I didn't pay too much attention to what he was saying, so not sure if that's a popular rumor.

Anyway, my choice far:

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 44

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
First thing I do in the AM is put on a pot of coffee. I have been using the Trader Joe's dark roast for the past year. Very dark potent stuff and 1/2 the price of the Starbucks beans. I drink mine black. Life without coffee is not possible.

IsoVet

Feb 4, 2013
I have never been able to drink coffee. I jus have never liked the taste no matter what brand or flavor. Its an acquired taste for sure!

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
I use to slam 6-8 shots espresso pre w/o in my big wt days years ago.
Bad for someone with a short fuse. Not good on the stomach either.
worked though... Just some dunkin for me nowadays. T

tri-terror

Oct 31, 2012
I love coffee, fucking hate Starbucks... Their coffee tastes like fucking ass. My favorite is Dunkin, or believe it or not McD's. One of the big chain gas stations here has somewhat decent coffee too.
I like to make my own though the most. Just a regular pot of Folgers, nothing fancy.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Lol.. Reason I asked I was working on a Starbucks other day and it did taste like ass but I did see nice ass inside..but place smelled like burnt pot. Serious..:rolleyes:

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Love coffee! 24oz in the morning. During our recent trip to Dominican, we picked up some of there local coffee, Santo Domingo Cafe. It was $5/lb so we thought what the heck. It was great! I love strong coffee but not so burnt or roasted. This was perfectly roasted. Wish I had bought more. You can get it off amazon for $10/lb. Just not the same without my wife delivering to me in her bikini.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Back when they outlawed cocaine, outlawing caffeine was also considered but never be became law. I saw that on the history channel. I drink about 50 ounces a day. Love it. Like it preworkout also.

Marshall

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
If it were good for me, I'd probably only drink coffee and Coke :)

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
That would be very bad and I would have a headache and be a SOB :D

We would have to order coffee from overseas (somewhere in Europe probably), and hope customs didn't snag the package with the coffee trained detection dogs.