©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

CNN CBS report testosterone is causing heart attacks and clotting vessels. What do yo

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
So for the past couple of weeks the big buzz on the news is that testosterone and testosterone supplements are causing heart attacks and artery clots leading to the heart. They're saying that the heart attack risk for men under 65 has tripled. I myself am 34 have been using this for about 3 years now on around 400 milligrams a week and sometimes blasting up to a thousand mgs when I am NOT cruising. I have not had any issues whatsoever with blood pressure in fact my blood work and blood pressure, cholesterol etc... Has been perfect, so my question is do you think there is any validity to what the mainstream media is saying about the dangers of testostrone use? Obviously I had a mild panic attack when I heard that report. Loln

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Been seeing alot of attorney commercials lately looking for people that were prescribed trt and had a stroke or heart attack... fucking media whips people up into a frenzy over shit then they demonize something that when used responsibly and properly is one of the greatest things on the planet. They find a case where a guy had a heart attack or stroke while on trt but fail to mention the fact that he had a 1000 dollar a day coke habit or was on so many prescription pain killers or anti depressants that he was a fucking zombie.....media skeews things to an agenda them and the powers at be want able bodied men to have low T makes them easier to control. Just my 2 pennies

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Been seeing alot of attorney commercials lately looking for people that were prescribed trt and had a stroke or heart attack... fucking media whips people up into a frenzy over shit then they demonize something that when used responsibly and properly is one of the greatest things on the planet. They find a case where a guy had a heart attack or stroke while on trt but fail to mention the fact that he had a 1000 dollar a day coke habit or was on so many prescription pain killers or anti depressants that he was a fucking zombie.....media skeews things to an agenda them and the powers at be want able bodied men to have low T makes them easier to control. Just my 2 pennies

Right on. Do you really trust the media?

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Just another way for lawyers to get some more money in their pockets of you ask me. I can bet that they would not be able to prove it with any study.

thebull2012

Feb 3, 2013
Out there
It's not the steroids that's causing the problems. It's all the fried chicken, cheeseburgers and donuts you see constantly advertised on tv and shoved down your throat daily.

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
The Drs I know have seen a rise in vericose veins mainly by trt patients that do not touch a weight.
If you chose to do dr or self hormone therapy you have to get off your lazy ass and move . As in exercise and have a healthy diet .
Aas will raise hemoglobin count positively but being responsible, aka blood test , diet, exercise the odds of a clot are slim..hereditary deep vein issues also can cause a heart attack as well as 10 big macs .

Due to trt therapy is "new" to most drs this is just another a way to control dosing by a dr..

Example: a friend 48 doesnt lift a weight .just got trt after I filled him in on what to tell his Dr so he could have blood hormone level checked.
Dr gives him one 200mg shot a month. Dr is a fuking idiot. Period

Last edited:

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
I've got a buddy that gets 200mg a month also and I just don't understand it.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Well people will sue over anything these days. So this doesn't surprise me and I'm sure that people are not taking their trt scripts, fat or overweight, and don't workout or get little to no exercise whatsoever. Hell look at the idiot suing McDonald's for only giving him 1 f'ing napkin

Last edited:

Unleashed

Donating Member
Nov 3, 2012
Not surprised either. Surprised it took the lawyers this long! I'm sure they were all foaming at the mouth waiting to strike!!! Bastards!

drdarknuss

Feb 22, 2014
All the sensationalizing shit organizations in the main stream media (all of them) are referring to this study:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info...losone/PLoSONE+(PLOS+ONE+Alerts:+New+Articles)

The study basically says that men older than 65 and men with pre-existing heart disease are at risk for a cardiovascular event (heart attack/stroke) in the first 90 days after starting TRT. This study does NOT apply to the general population but the media conveniently leaves that out.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
not sure how good these stats are, I just did a quick google search of "number of cabg procedures per year in the u.s." I think it came back with something like 1 million cardiac caths (where u have chest pain so they roto root ur cardiac artery to look at how bad its blocked) about 400,000 cardiac stents (where they just stent a blockage open) and about 395,000 coronary artery bypass's where they just take a vessel from somewhere else and go around the blockage......so about 200,00 people can go on eating cheeseburgers for another couple years...

dont really know where Im going with all that...guess just saying that these mofo's are ticking time bombs so it doesnt surprise me that a little test is knocking them off.....wolnt kill as many people as say a cold front with all the vasoconstriction and vasodilation that occurs throughout the body...people been dropping off like flies lately just from the weather

Last edited:

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
Seems like everything causes death these days. Probably mostly sedentary people. Doesn't matter to healthy folks. Unless your blasting grams all the time. Then worry.

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
The media always misrepresents and blows everything out of proportion. They seriously make things worse 10-fold at least.

Daniel11

AnaSCI VET
Jul 10, 2013
I saw this on tv the other day, an add for some lawsuit case if you had strokes or whatnot from TRT. My wife looked at me with a smart ass look on her face. Tsk tsk.