©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Cigarettes and workout...

shamrock10

Aug 30, 2004
somebody told me today that smoking cigarettes cancels your workout...is that true?? can someone shine some light on this??...if it is then some of us on here are fucked!

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
What i know, is that smoking takes some oxygene out of your system, therefore you actually have to work harder than the guy that does NOT smoke..I smoke heavy ( +- for about 25 years Pipe tabacco ), and i must admit...i get tired more quickly than the average guy..but it surely does NOT cancel your workout, only limits the amount off energy you COULD have used to workout..I admit i am still a newbie at gym, but believe you me....i picked up quite a bit...I would suggest that a smoker, must just inhale deep a couple of times, so he can biuld-up oxygene in his bloodstream and then pump it....:)

remylebeau

Oct 19, 2004
I'm a pretty heavy smoker, and I gotta say, it really takes time for me to recover. I take long rests between heavy sets to catch my breath and get my energy levels back up, my workouts are great, just takes me more time to do everything.

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
I only smoke when I'm drinking beer - on sat and sun night. I don't feel that it has any effect on my exercises whatsoever.

remylebeau

Oct 19, 2004
imdaman1 said:
I only smoke when I'm drinking beer - on sat and sun night. I don't feel that it has any effect on my exercises whatsoever.

Man I wish I could be like you.....occasional smokers make me jealous.

mindkiller

Jul 21, 2004
USA
I used to smoke and man let me tell you I noticed a huge difference in energy and intensity levels in the gym when I quite (about 3.5 yrs. ago), in other words I'm glad I quite its a nasty habit! :smoker: Also, I quit cold turkey no cutting down nothing, one day I decided I needed to take better care of myself and just quite. :D

imdaman1

AnaSCI VET
Mar 31, 2004
USA
Also, I quit cold turkey no cutting down nothing, one day I decided I needed to take better care of myself and just quite. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah I do this about once a week :D .

W

wolfyEVH

DragonRider said:
I don't smoke and never have, but I remember a bodybuilder back in the early eighties named Gunar Rosbo who was infamous for smoking like a freight train. He was awsome.

ditto......never smoked in my life

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
I smoke like a locomotive....and i'll tell you, it's unbelievable how nicely your veins look....MASSIVE!!.....but i also have to admit....us guys have to put in at least double that a normal guy uses...so obviously, i won't reccomend smoking at all...:)

heavy

Aug 6, 2004
[email protected]
Robin Hood said:
I smoke like a locomotive....and i'll tell you, it's unbelievable how nicely your veins look....MASSIVE!!.....but i also have to admit....us guys have to put in at least double that a normal guy uses...so obviously, i won't reccomend smoking at all...:)

No wonder you have a hard time gaining weight.

Robin Hood

Sep 18, 2004
heavy said:
No wonder you have a hard time gaining weight.

you're right on that one.......on the one side i want to quit....on the other i don't....shit, what a dicission...Iv'e been smoking now for 26 years :(