©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Chicken-Bacon Mix

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Created by throwing together ingredients leftover at the end of a camping trip....

lChicken-Bacon-Mix750313308.jpg

Ingredients

4 one-pound boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
1 T. Cajun Spice Mix

3 Crushed Garlic cloves
1 Cup chopped Sun Dried Tomatoes
1 Large chopped Onion
1 T. Mixed Italian seasoning (Oregano, thyme, basil)
4 T Olive Oil

8 slices lean Turkey Bacon

Process

1) slice chicken breasts laterally ('butterfly" style), coat lightly with olive oil and Cajun spice mix, and place on grill over medium low heat. You will only be heating this about 3-5 minutes on each side, till just done all the way through.

2) Cook turkey bacon in frying pan over medium-high heat.

3) Boil Garlic, Sun-dried tomatoes, onion, and seasoning in olive oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Onions should brown and tomatoes should just begin to blacken; if they stick to pan, add a little more olive oil and/or turn down heat.

4) Remove bacon from pan and crumble or slice into 1/2 inch square pieces. Place in tomato-onion-oil mix and stir well. Cook 3 more minutes.

5) Remove chicken from grill and arrange on plates. Pour bacon/oil/tomato/onion mix over chicken.

Makes Two Servings.
Bon appetit!

Nutritional Info

• Servings Per Recipe: 2
• Amount Per Serving
• Calories: 1,588.7
• Total Fat: 62.4 g
(NOTE: Fat content is actually lower: this is based on using all the olive oil on the chicken, when in fact at least half of it remains in the pan)

• Cholesterol: 621.9 mg
• Sodium: 1,775.0 mg
• Total Carbs: 24.5 g
• Dietary Fiber: 5.8 g
Protein: 218.8 g

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Where have you been, Milburn? I need you to keep posting up recipes for me to try.

I love that London broil recipe with the black eyed peas you posted up a few months ago. My wife makes it for me about once every two weeks.

She and I just went over this recipe. She is going to get the stuff to make it when she goes grocery shopping this week. Looking forward to trying it.

Last edited:

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Oh hell Chris , Milburn doesn't invite us to camp but does this new fangled bachicken dish that I see at midnite while I'm under severe munchie mode .
All I got is a dam BBQ turkey burger dry as sawdust to knaw on.
Hey Milburn. ... Whats next? After the movies u bring the popcorn home and make a cheesy Carmel corn for us to view ?

MilburnCreek

Oct 28, 2012
Chester, VT
Oh hell Chris , Milburn doesn't invite us to camp but does this new fangled bachicken dish that I see at midnite while I'm under severe munchie mode .
All I got is a dam BBQ turkey burger dry as sawdust to knaw on.
Hey Milburn. ... Whats next? After the movies u bring the popcorn home and make a cheesy Carmel corn for us to view ?

LOL...actually, the next one will incorporate a Lo-Fat Cheese and Brown Mustard Sauce...stay tuned...