©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

cell phone ip address?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Do cell phones web have IP address or does it just say IP for say apple , tmoblie etc. OK I'm out of the tech age...so easy on an old man..I want to remain stealth is why and I'm cheap android. Thanks
Ib.

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Do cell phones web have IP address or does it just say IP for say apple , tmoblie etc. OK I'm out of the tech age...so easy on an old man..I want to remain stealth is why and I'm cheap android. Thanks
Ib.

Yes they do.

gusto

Nov 6, 2012
Smart phones do not have a true static IP address, unchanging, unless you purchased one. They have an internal IP address and use a proxy address going out to the internet via the mobile network. Additionally, they will connect to any WiFi hotspot you are granted access if you have your phone's settings configured for such, resulting in a change in IP. All this sounds really cool, but it is best to remember that all devices have a MAC address that can be tracked!

TOR or a VPN (both if really paranoid) even on a phone is good idea for private surfing :sHa_thumb2:

~ Gusto

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Smart phones do not have a true static IP address, unchanging, unless you purchased one. They have an internal IP address and use a proxy address going out to the internet via the mobile network. Additionally, they will connect to any WiFi hotspot you are granted access if you have your phone's settings configured for such, resulting in a change in IP. All this sounds really cool, but it is best to remember that all devices have a MAC address that can be tracked!

TOR or a VPN (both if really paranoid) even on a phone is good idea for private surfing :sHa_thumb2:

~ Gusto

Yes this is a good study worth reading http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/people/maheshba/papers/ephemera-imc09.pdf

And you have to remember there are always other ways to track people :D . One issue I was involved in we tracked from Texas to the phone owner in California and geo located him by cell phone tower triangulation back to Texas to the base he was staying on.

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA

Rory, thank you for the link. Exactly what I was looking for. I downloaded both orbot and gibberbot. My question is, im using the firefox browser with orbot. When im connected to the tor network, browsing is very slow even with 4G LTE. Is this always the case? I noticed that there was another browser option, made by the same company, is it any better?
I havent tried gibberbot yet, but im getting ready to. Thanks for the help!!!!

tripletotal

Mar 12, 2013
When I use tor, everything is significantly slower...phone, computer, and tablet, so I use it on a case-by-case basis.

When I need the extra security, I accept the slow speed. Small price to pay when you consider the alternative...

striffe

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2012
USA
When I use tor, everything is significantly slower...phone, computer, and tablet, so I use it on a case-by-case basis.

When I need the extra security, I accept the slow speed. Small price to pay when you consider the alternative...

Thanks TT, I kind of figured that was the answer.