©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

bugs vs beef

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Excellent in an omlete and easier to catch than a cow.

Not this time of year where I live. About 1 mile down the road is a small dairy farm and I've known the owner for 34 years, so the odds are in my favor for getting some beef right now. ;)

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Even if beef goes to $100 lb I am sticking with beef
IB you really need to get out of the cave once in awhile we have a new thing out here called a supermarket now they really are great !

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
These two Madascar hissing cockroaches threatening you from under the bun of that burger sure would keep it interesting.

Attachments

• cockroach.png
    cockroach.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 65

LastChance

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
What about maggots? They are pretty high in protein too. I don't know how they compare to beef though....

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Not this time of year where I live. About 1 mile down the road is a small dairy farm and I've known the owner for 34 years, so the odds are in my favor for getting some beef right now. ;)

Do people eat dairy cows? LOL.. why would a farmer kill a money making thing when he could raise a hefeweisen in same pen?

LC my girl loves my maggot..btw.
Formula shadddup..
Chris those are yummy in coconut oil ..dipped in 5 spice ..

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
I'd gladly eat bugs regularly if I knew where I could safely buy them by the pound. And if the price was lower than chicken.

Iceman74

Donating Member
Apr 4, 2013
Do people eat dairy cows? LOL.. why would a farmer kill a money making thing when he could raise a hefeweisen in same pen?

Yes. When trying to replenish the herd, some males are born. Since they will never produce milk, they are used for veal. The females are heavily used for milk for about 4 years and butchered after that. ;)

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I read somewhere cornmeal and pinto beans are two incomplete proteins that are better than beef when combined together...could be bs tho

srd1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
Lets seee cockroach or porterhouse fuck that porterhouse it is lol....survival training learned what bugs to eat and wich ones to leave alone id have to be in hardcore survival mode to crunch on a cockroach lol

d2r2ddd

AnaSCI VET
Apr 27, 2013
www.anasci.org
it's way cheaper then beef too... and cost-free if u find some @ home :D

insect_plate_l.jpg

Mexican_Insect_dish1974514652_c7b1b38730_z.jpg

Last edited:

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
Yeah....
All the countries I know that eat bugs are small people. Never saw a big Thai dude.

Just because it has protein doesn't mean you should eat it. I which case my girl friend should be jacked! ;)

I'm sure it's more "natural" but the whole organic craze is pretty much a scam.

FYI Ate a stew made from grubs in Arkansas during a survival training, tasted JUST like beef broth.