©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Buffalo Enchilladas

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Ground buffalo enchilladas

1 1/2# ground buffalo or lean burger
2 10oz cans Old E Paso red enchillada sauce
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 packet reduced sodium taco mix
20oz Fage plain yogurt
7oz 2% milk cheddar cheese
1 medium onion diced
2 Tbs minced garlic
1 pack Mission carb balance tortilla shells (Sams Club, these rock!)

In a large skillet, brown burger and add onion, garlic, and about 1/2c water. Pepper to taste

In a sauce pan on low heat, add enchillada and tomato sauce

In a seprate bowl, mix yogurt and cheese. Add a couple of tablespoons of the sauce to the yogurt mixture and mix. Put mixture in ziploc or empty wrap bag.

In a 9x13 dish, cover bottom with sauce. Lay out shells and spoon on 1/8 meat mixture onto each shell. Now cut the corner off the yogurt mixture bag and squeeze 1/8 onto each enchillada. Roll up each one and place seam side down in dish. Pour remaining sauce over the top and cover with aluminum foil. Place in 350 preheated oven for 40 minutes. You can also make extra pans and freeze them for later. Enjoy

Stay tuned for "Beef Strogenoff"

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
That sounds good... Never had buffalo before, but definitely willing to give it a try.

Magnus, did you hunt the Buffalo yourself? :D

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Actually, i did. I am almost out and am going in two weeks to get another one. This will be my first with a bow though. Should be exciting. They have a tendancy to make you feel very, very small!

chris698

Oct 30, 2012
Florida
WOW, that pretty amazing....

But, why the bow, how about old school, "mono e mono" with just a hunting knife! I would say "Just Joking", but you might have actually done that too! :)

Very impressive.... good luck with the hunt.