©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Bodybuilding genetics a myth?

BigBob

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 10, 2012
HMMMM... I think its 50/50 really. Mostly Mental. How hard do you want to work for it. Ive seen natural guys that look fantastic.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Most guys have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to bodybuilding "genetics". Bodybuilding genetics has nothing to do with how big or muscular you are as a kid. Everyone looks he same as children, with the exception of a select few. That doesn't make those few anymore capable as bodybuilders, they just have a better base to work from.

Bodybuilding genetics is about muscle insertions, predominance of type I or type II muscle fibers, the size of the heart and its ability to pump blood, and an individuals ability to metabolize large amounts of AAS without severe side effects. These videos that show pictures of guys as children and then pics as swole-as-fuck adults as "proof" of anything are blowing smoke up your ass.

At the absolute top level of competitive bodybuilding, genetics definitely play a role. Is it the line of demarcation between winners and losers? Certainly not. In fact, the overall role of genetics as it pertains to bodybuilding, or sports in general, is far too complicated to be analyzed and definitely stated, in either direction, in a bullshit 5 minute YouTube video.

Last edited:

thethinker

Donating Member
May 24, 2013
Most guys have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to bodybuilding "genetics". Bodybuilding genetics has nothing to do with how big or muscular you are as a kid. Everyone looks he same as children, with the exception of a select few. That doesn't make those few anymore capable as bodybuilders, they just have a better base to work from.

Bodybuilding genetics is about muscle insertions, predominance of type I or type II muscle fibers, the size of the heart and its ability to pump blood, and an individuals ability to metabolize large amounts of AAS without severe side effects. These videos that show pictures of guys as children and then pics as swole-as-fuck adults as "proof" of anything are blowing smoke up your ass.

At the absolute top level of competitive bodybuilding, genetics definitely play a role. Is it the line of demarcation between winners and losers? Certainly not. In fact, the overall role of genetics as it pertains to bodybuilding, or sports in general, is far too complicated to be analyzed and definitely stated, in either direction, in a bullshit 5 minute YouTube video.
This should be stickied in every bodybuilding forum.

One guy takes 1.5 gram of gear and gets barely any values on his bloodwork out of range, another might take 500 mgs of test and have to donate blood every 6 weeks.

Big A talked about this on pro muscle a while back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bbuck

Dec 28, 2007
I was a fat kid growing up. Then once I started lifting weights people asked me what roids I was on. And that went on for 10 years. Then I started using AS after i started TRT. I think genetics is the bigger piece of the pie.

psych

WPF Champion / Donating Member
Nov 4, 2013
Chicago
I know guys who use AS and still suck at sports. I do believe that there is a distinct cut where there are people who are that gifted 1%. The legends in the making or the never beens. But they are out there. I think for a champion youi need, genetics, social conditioning/learning about the sport, nutrition, training, mental ability, and coaching. How many great American Football players live and Europe but never played so we will never know. Or ho many Mike Tysons are there that never ere exposed to boxing or were conditioned to be as hard as mike?

The universe is fixed so are humans...

MightyJohn

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
It's all genetics period(atleast 90%)...genetics decide how much muscle you can build, keep, shape, insertions, bone structure, how your body processes food, drugs etc.

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
It's all genetics period(atleast 90%)...genetics decide how much muscle you can build, keep, shape, insertions, bone structure, how your body processes food, drugs etc.

Some people don't like hearing it but it is the truth,,genetics make a world of difference.

pesty4077

VIP / Donating Member
Jun 20, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Stupid video. I will give those who made it the same amount of gear Kevin Levrone takes and no way will they ever look like him. If it wasn't a certain amount of genetics, everyone be a pro.