©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

blood pressure

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
yes, im almost complete a test only cycle.

I don't know if it matters but I was working out an hour and a half before I measured.

steve0085

May 4, 2005
FlorEeDuh
It's not bad as long as you can make it go down. As a basis of comparison I measre mine right after waking up and it's only slightly higher(125 over 70) than before cycle. Durring the day it goes up a lot to about where yours is. Try keeping your arm straight as possible when you're taking it, I bent my arm a little too much and it said it was like 150 over 86 I was scared. I waited about 2 minutes and did it again with my arm straight and it was 125 or so.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
steve0085 said:
It's not bad as long as you can make it go down. As a basis of comparison I measre mine right after waking up and it's only slightly higher(125 over 70) than before cycle. Durring the day it goes up a lot to about where yours is. Try keeping your arm straight as possible when you're taking it, I bent my arm a little too much and it said it was like 150 over 86 I was scared. I waited about 2 minutes and did it again with my arm straight and it was 125 or so.

Taking your BP right after you wake up is not a good way to take your BP at all unless u just feel like making yourself feel better.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
I wouldnt worry about 142/78 while on cycle Nitro, it's actually pretty good for being on IMO.

mr.nitrofish

May 5, 2005
ok, thats good to know. my blood pressure was very normal when off the gear.

how soon after coming off gear would you wait to get checked out by a doctor to see if everythings back to normal?

ORACLE

Perfection Personifide
Dec 7, 2004
Tx
mr.nitrofish said:
I checked it at walmart

i can't get my arm in that machine. ;) I would if i was you go to a professional and then ask what's their professional opinion on your pressure.

MaSTa LifTa

Apr 29, 2005
Don't Rely On Drugstore Blood Pressure Readings
05/31/2000

If you've tried those automatic blood pressure machines found in many pharmacies, you should be aware that the readings aren't always reliable.

Researchers from the University of South Florida say they checked machines at 25 locations and found many readings to be off the mark, particularly for people with larger or smaller arm sizes than the average.

A normal blood pressure reading is about 120/80, but both the systolic and diastolic measurements can be off by as much as 10 millimeters of mercury in the self-monitoring devices, according to a report in The Journal of Family Practice.

Even a one or two millimeter change in mercury level is often enough to put you on drugs for life, so getting a correct reading is really important if you have blood pressure worries.

The researchers took three volunteers with arm circumferences in the low, medium and high ends of the range of adult cuff sizes and found that both systolic and diastolic readings were higher for the person with the small arm. The person with the larger arm had a significantly lower diastolic reading that could falsely indicate low blood pressure.

Even the volunteer with the medium arm size found variability in the self-monitoring machines, so the message here is to get your blood pressure taken by a professional. If you're going to self-monitor the pressure later, make sure you're aware of the differences that can occur.

Source: The Journal of Family Practice, May 2000