©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Blast and cruise

Zach

Sep 10, 2015
Hey everyone,
To those who blast and cruise, how neccessary is it to cruise for maximum gains?

Health aside, would it be more beneficial to blast 24 weeks straight (1g test) or 8 weeks blast, followed by an 8 week cruise?

Many thanks

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Welcome. And blast for 8 weeks. Gains will start to level off about the 8 week mark anyways. Just make sure your diet is in check too. Just as important if not more important.

Zach

Sep 10, 2015
Welcome. And blast for 8 weeks. Gains will start to level off about the 8 week mark anyways. Just make sure your diet is in check too. Just as important if not more important.

Thanks Greg.

Do you think gains can be made going past that 8 week mark?

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Yes. But why put yourself through that when the gains will be slight if any past that 8 weeks. If it was me, I'd blast and cruise for 3 to 4 weeks then blast again for another 8 then following with some pct.

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
Just remember though. What works for me may not work well for you. Experiment with dosages to see what works best for your body. You'll notice the differences.

jozifp103

Jan 16, 2014
Gains are more determined by diet....gains level off at 8 weeks because you fail to eat enough to continue gaining. If that were the case pro bbers would stop growing as well, but we all know they never come off. I've run 24 week cycles where I continued to gain the whole time. The key is to keep upping the calories as you continue to grow.

Zach

Sep 10, 2015
Gains are more determined by diet....gains level off at 8 weeks because you fail to eat enough to continue gaining. If that were the case pro bbers would stop growing as well, but we all know they never come off. I've run 24 week cycles where I continued to gain the whole time. The key is to keep upping the calories as you continue to grow.

That's interesting, did you increase the dosage at any point or was it only the food that was increased?

greggy

Oct 27, 2012
24 weeks in my opinion is a lot. I do agree that diet is where it's at. A lot of emphasis is put on gear and not food. Post some more info about yourself. Like your stats and cycle history. Also are you on TRT now?

aon1

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 10, 2013
dark side of Olympus
Food is what I find makes the difference but we are all different because even though I gain before 8 weeks I make my best gains from weeks 8 to 12 and I run short esters

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
One thing not mentioned here is health. Elevated blood pressure, rbc, lipids/cholesterol, kidney and liver values as well as lowered hdl and testosterone suppression all take it toll on the body. I know many people who stay on extended periods of time that keep upping the dose and will actually regress. Remember the body grows in spurts. Figuring out how long that spurt is and what you need to maintain that is key. Also keep in mind doubling the dose does not equate to double the gains. You also need to find the point of diminishing returns. There are ALOT of people running way to much gear as a substitute for hard work. Dr Rand has sited studies showing test can be safely run for extended periods at up to 6x's the standard trt dose. Now in no way would I ever condone this during a cruise, but I found it interesting. Choose your blasts as you will, but I would limit them to 12 weeks. For a cruise, I've found I have no problem holding muscle on 200mg test/200mg deca/npp per week with a bit of modification in my training, and with peptides and/or hgh, there is a good chance to even continue gains through a cruise. Cruising gives your muscles, tendons, cns, and even your mind a much needed break and decreases the risks of future health issues. Sadly in this sport, by the time we realize our mistakes it's to late.

Last edited:

vpiedu

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Oct 31, 2012
100mg/wk Test E
200mg/wk Mast E

you can run this year round and add an oral here 2x a year for 4 to 8 weeks and once a year raise you test to 500 and your mast to 1000 for 8 to 12 weeks. this has been a very successful protocol for myself and many others for years. also adding other compounds when you blast is ok. i personally love test mast tren combo. good luck brother!

this above statement was something i posted in another thread. when you are cycling or blasting remember that you are improving your recovery time and should be training not overtraining but training wisely your entire body twice a week and eating clean and often and sleeping like a baby. there is a balance here only you can find as everyone is different but its the work food and rest that dictates your gains not simply more gear. i find the older i get the less gear i use. i try changing compounds every 4 weeks and cycling for no more than 12 weeks works best for me. i feel better and i even feel better once i am cruising again. like magnus eluded to, dont make the mistake of increasing gear before making the right choices in diet training and rest. it is a lazy athlete who just increases doses and expects gains but it is a smart one who tweaks aspects of the game one at a time and listens closely to their body and trains like an animal but a smart one. there is no substitute for hard work! im not saying anyone here is lazy i am just stating the flaw many encounter. i wish you all the best of luck and hope you can find the formula that works for you and becomes your standard.

VP