©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Beat cancer! Novice ready to get healthy.

jrai3774

May 22, 2015
"US-OF-A"
I had cancer in 2011-12. I'm in remission since then and am now healthy enough to pursue a desire to get in shape. Any advice on how to start a training routine, so I don't make rookie mistakes, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks bro's.

cybrsage

May 1, 2015
Welcome!

There are a lot of stickies you should read and you can do forum searches for training routines.

A lot of people love the Pyramid style workout (google it, easy to find) and the reverse pyramid style. Just make sure you start slow and do not increase your weights too fast. Your tendons and ligaments need more time to adjust to the increased weights than your muscles do and you do not want to tear anything.

Here are two subforums you can post your question in - but only select one, cross posting is normally frowned upon. I would start with the Weight Lifting one.

Weight Lifting & Training - Anabolic Steroids Discussion and Bodybuilding Forum
http://www.anasci.org/vB/anasci-personal-trainers-corner/

ASHOP

AnaSCI VET
Aug 28, 2005
ashop.in
I had cancer in 2011-12. I'm in remission since then and am now healthy enough to pursue a desire to get in shape. Any advice on how to start a training routine, so I don't make rookie mistakes, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks bro's.

That's an amazing feat! Awesome to hear your getting better. You may want to try a full body routine 2-3X PER WEEK. Basically hitting each bodypart from largest to smallest with 2-4 sets. This is a good routine to get you started.