©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Back online...

Iamlegend

Dec 9, 2005
Hey all I just wanted to give a quick re-introduction here. I was on the board for a while last summer with the handle Big-n-Hairy some may remember. Things got pretty f_cked up in late Aug my wife was fighting for her life in the hospital with a relapse of cancer.

She passed away on Aug 22nd. Just 4 days prior I on my way into the hospital I was in a severe motorcycle accident. Due to a mechanical failure in my front wheel I picked up a speed wobble at about 70mph that ended up completely flipping the bike. The trooper estimated I slide between 500-1000ft most of it on my back and after slaming into the jersey barrier with the back of my head and left shoulder.

My injuries were rather minor by comparison to the accident. I had a scraped left knee and three broken ribs and just a few very small scrapes here and there. No compound fractures, no punctured lungs or damaged organs. I walked out of the hospital after just two days. The broken ribs were excruciating though and made it all that much harder to deal with my wife's passing.

Anyway, the ribs are healed and I have been hitting the gym pretty hard over the last few weeks. I lost 25lbs throughout the ordeal a significant amount of body weight. I had been planning a mass cycle just prior to all of this happening. Now with some of the weight loss from double trama and from not being able to do jack for almost 3mo I'm now simply going to cut with a goal of 8-10% bf before doing a hard core mass cycle in late spring.

I'm glad to be healed physically and getting back in the game.

STEELADDICTION

Apr 1, 2004
We are all very glad to have you back in one piece. I am very sorry to hear you lost your wife to cancer. I can't begain to imagine what you went through. Hopefully getting back into the gym and getting back on Anasci will help take you mind off of things and give you some time to focus on you. The best thing about this site is we are all here for one and other. Again, glad to have you back! ;)

Testosperone

Oct 4, 2005
sorry about ur loss bro, like steel said i cant even begin to imagine what ur going through, sorry bro. we are here for you though. welcome back

M

McKenzie

Very well said STEEL :)

I'm very sorry for your loss Iamlegend and we are here for you :)

bigguns

Dec 7, 2005
Hi Iamlegend,

I'm just a newbie but wanted to say I'm very sorry for your loss. Good to hear that you're back in the gym and back on Anasci.

:headbang:

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
STEELADDICTION said:
We are all very glad to have you back in one piece. I am very sorry to hear you lost your wife to cancer. I can't begain to imagine what you went through. Hopefully getting back into the gym and getting back on Anasci will help take you mind off of things and give you some time to focus on you. The best thing about this site is we are all here for one and other. Again, glad to have you back! ;)

sorry to hear of the loss, im a newbie and can relate to the accident. i was hit by a car in "86" headon om my bike, i was doing 35-40...almost dead, thank god for good helmets. anywayz, we r glad u r back......

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
Im very sorry to hear you lost your wife to Cancer.I cant imagine...
Im glad you didnt bite it any harder on your bike than you did.
Im glad I sold my Harley.I miss it,Except everytime I hear of someone layin it down or burning up on re-entry.
Glad, as you said your'e Back in the game.

P

pincrusher

very sorry to hear about the loss. we are always here for you anytime you need us.

cawb

May 29, 2005
down south
just wanted to say sorry bro , my brother was in a car wreck about two weeks ago and he had to get 18 staples in his head , the worst part was that his girlfriend died in his arms, he was driving,,..

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
maybe im out of line......and i hope i do not offend or any thing like that, i mean well.....but Y do (or so it seems) more good people have the bad shi* happen to them and the A**holes live forever?? everyone i have met on this board seems sooooo cool and down to earth and i would assume they surround themselves with the same and their loved one(s) also....it just breaks my heart to hear of the loss that this family has gone thru in just one post "IAMLEGEBD" and a few replies "CHRIS1 / CAWB"...the replies of understanding r y this board is the best....

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
I too am very sorry for your loss. My wife is my best friend. I could not imagine what it would be like without her.
I also had a motorcycle crash this year (May 10th). I hit a mini-van in the side at 60mph after she pulled out in front of me. I cut my left leg open pretty bad when I was thrown from the bike and bled enough that I thought I was going to bleed out in the middle of the highway. I damaged the lymph nodes in my leg and it swells up to twice the normal size if I'm not wearing compression garments, but all in all I haven't met anyone else who has survived my type of accident yet, so I guess I'm lucky. I also broke some ribs and my left scapula, but they seemed like nothing compared to my leg injuries.
Anyway, I'm back to hitting the iron. I lost a lot of strength during my layoff, but not much weight. I'm almost back to my previous strength level.
Sometimes hitting the iron is the only constant that we can depend on in life. I know it has prevented me from going over the edge many times in my 48 years.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
If I lost my wife I don't know if I could survive. I am so sorry for your loss. You had a great motorcycle adventure though. I wonder if the physical conditioning you have been doing saved your life on that close one. I hope you can find comfort in hitting the iron again.