©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Aspiration(checking for blood)

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
I couldnt find that old thread, but how far are you suppose to pull back up on the syringe to check for blood or air bubbles???

W

wolfyEVH

just pull the plunger back a bit for a couple seconds.....if you're in a vein, blood will draw up into the syringe, then just pull out, change needle and poke again....usually you'll see a bunch of little bubbles go into the syringe...then when you release, they'll shoot out fast

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
well i know this and all but usually every time i pull back bubbles come up and then i let go and its cool. but yesterday i pulled back and got bubbles as usual and got side tracked and had pulled back a little bit further than normal and got a little blood and this was kind of far back and a good amount of bubbles had come up. so im not sure if it hit it or it was drawing in blood from somehwere else.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
i'll make a note to do that. sometimes i get one big bubble and sometimes small bubbles. but last night was the first i ever saw blood but i feel i may of pulled back way too far.

TexasCreed

One Cocky S.O.B.
Oct 6, 2004
Texas
well i injected into my quads for the first time, was a little hestitant and the i did both because i had a smaller syringe that didnt fit in everything, so i had to do my left as well. well, the right was no problem at all. the left how ever hurt like hell and when i withdrew blood was out, i feel i hit. but when aspirated nothing. the risks we take, no harm no foul. but i do feel a little soreness like u said d.r. nothing bad though.

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
TexasCreed said:
well i know this and all but usually every time i pull back bubbles come up and then i let go and its cool. but yesterday i pulled back and got bubbles as usual and got side tracked and had pulled back a little bit further than normal and got a little blood and this was kind of far back and a good amount of bubbles had come up. so im not sure if it hit it or it was drawing in blood from somehwere else.

If your in a vein, you'll know it. I have hit a couple in my time. The plunger almost pulled itself back when it filled with blood. You may have went through a small blood vessel if you got just a tiny bit.

cbr929

SUPER NATURAL
Jan 2, 2004
Oklahoma
like tee said......I've hit a vein once and I hardley had to pull back at all for it to come in the pin

Aratesticle

Nov 7, 2004
I've heard that blood will quickly run into the rig even when slightly pulling plunger back. I don't even aspirate in the glutes.