©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Approved Sources - Polls

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I am going to be going through the Approved Sources forum within the next day or so and adding a ratings poll to their sticky threads.

This will be added so that members can gauge feedback on the source at the top of the source's sticky thread.

Once the polls are active I ask that any source(s) that you have used, please go in and click on the poll option you felt suited your transaction best with the particular source(s)

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Great idea! Maybe light a fire under some of these sources that tend to stray from their word. Most of us are pretty understanding and a little communication goes a long way. Board keeps getting better and better!

hipocampus.me

Feb 24, 2015
I am going to be going through the Approved Sources forum within the next day or so and adding a ratings poll to their sticky threads.

This will be added so that members can gauge feedback on the source at the top of the source's sticky thread.

Once the polls are active I ask that any source(s) that you have used, please go in and click on the poll option you felt suited your transaction best with the particular source(s)

I think this is a great idea!

Thanks for improving the site!

Hipo

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
Excellent idea! Will be a great way to rate based on quality of product, communication, and t/a. I like it :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
I have gone through and added the polls to each Approved Sources sticky thread. This was a pain in the ass so I ask that any source(s) that you have used you go into their threads and click on the poll option.

The polls have been put in place for the following reasons:

* Communication
* Product Quality
* Turn Around Time
* Would You Recommend Their Services To Others

The polls WILL NOT be used for rating pricing or anything else that would be considered a board rule violation. So you must still follow the board rules in that respect!

Anyone caught using the polls to tarnish a competitors ratings or for any other reason that violates the board rules will result in being banned from the board.

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
* Communication
* Product Quality
* Turn Around Time
********** WOULD YOU RECOMMEND THEIR SERVICES TO OTHERS*****"**"**

Anyone caught using the polls to tarnish a competitors ratings or for any other reason that violates the board rules will result in being banned from the board.

OK I can understand another sponsor doing this but truthfully this is the best part of the poll system right here. Are the polls anonymous so that the person who voted does not get any backlash from the sponsor? I can understand the mods having access to check IP addresses etc and cross reference people. I'm asking not for myself but for others who are intimidated to vote without being banned etc

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
It is not anonymous. Honestly I see it as a good thing. Anyone at all familiar with the board is going to look for frequent posters and long time respected members. This will weigh heavily on the sponsors score more so than inflated numbers by a sponsors 1 post posse. Also holds the voter accountable for his score and an opportunity for the sponsor to give an explanation for the lowered score.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
Will poll ratings be amendable after the fact? Say a member has an initially negative transaction, leaves negative feedback, and then afterwards it gets worked out between the source and the buyer and the buyer is now content with the service from the source. Can the buyer go back and change his vote? Or is the negative rating on the poll forever more?

GreenTLB6

Dec 21, 2012
It is not anonymous. Honestly I see it as a good thing. Anyone at all familiar with the board is going to look for frequent posters and long time respected members. This will weigh heavily on the sponsors score more so than inflated numbers by a sponsors 1 post posse. Also holds the voter accountable for his score and an opportunity for the sponsor to give an explanation for the lowered score.

I get what you're saying here but here's my issue with looking to MODS or respected members. Sometimes sponsors go out of there way to please these guys to have them back them and the service isn't there as much for us lesser known guys.

I still think this is a great idea though.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Will poll ratings be amendable after the fact? Say a member has an initially negative transaction, leaves negative feedback, and then afterwards it gets worked out between the source and the buyer and the buyer is now content with the service from the source. Can the buyer go back and change his vote? Or is the negative rating on the poll forever more?

No, I will not go through and edit votes after the fact. It was too much of a pain going through and adding the polls to the sticky threads in the first place.

The member should wait until every aspect of their business with the sponsor is done before making their final decision. If there is an issue with something (and at points there always are for everyone), then they should wait for the appropriate corrections to be made before just jumping in and voting! Guys jumping the gun and voting without following through will only show other sponsors that they should not bother doing business with that individual. So essentially it not only assists the members with sponsors but also the sponsors with members.

I get what you're saying here but here's my issue with looking to MODS or respected members. Sometimes sponsors go out of there way to please these guys to have them back them and the service isn't there as much for us lesser known guys.

I still think this is a great idea though.

This is why all polls are viewable to everyone. Regardless of board status as long as members follow what I just quoted to Lil' Sully, as well as members make a post explain their reasoning for their vote (within the guidelines of the forum rules), then there should be no issues.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
OK I can understand another sponsor doing this but truthfully this is the best part of the poll system right here. Are the polls anonymous so that the person who voted does not get any backlash from the sponsor? I can understand the mods having access to check IP addresses etc and cross reference people. I'm asking not for myself but for others who are intimidated to vote without being banned etc

Exactly. This keeps everything on the level being able to see everyone's vote and their post/reasoning behind that vote.

Being anonymous would only lead to members giving good/bad votes as they wish without explanation. The sponsor should be able to respond to a negative vote, which is only fair as it is too easy to tarnish a sponsors reputation without any explanation.

As stated in my above post, these polls should be good for the members AND the sponsors, not just the members. If a member is going along giving negative feedback for no reason, then other sponsors will know that they should not do business with that member.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I would like to add for those who do vote. Be fair. While poor communication and shipping delays may merit a less than perfect score, just receiving your products and having good quality means a lot. Like Phoe said, and what will interest customers the most is, are they OK to order from. Some of the fastest communicators and shippers have vanished while the long time sponsors tend to communicate less or ship a little slower. There do seem to be some new sponsors here getting good reviews, that's awesome. Just remember there are some long time sponsors here that may not cater to your every need and email, but you know, delay or not, your getting you order. Just a little something to think about before you vote.

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012
The member should wait until every aspect of their business with the sponsor is done before making their final decision. If there is an issue with something (and at points there always are for everyone), then they should wait for the appropriate corrections to be made before just jumping in and voting! Guys jumping the gun and voting without following through will only show other sponsors that they should not bother doing business with that individual.

That is the exact reason I asked. You read my mind. Thumbs up on the poll idea.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
The member should wait until every aspect of their business with the sponsor is done before making their final decision. If there is an issue with something (and at points there always are for everyone), then they should wait for the appropriate corrections to be made before just jumping in and voting! Guys jumping the gun and voting without following through will only show other sponsors that they should not bother doing business with that individual. So essentially it not only assists the members with sponsors but also the sponsors with members.

This is paramount. This is how you should conduct yourself throughout the entire process. Mutual respect and consideration.

AnaSCI

ADMINISTRATOR
Sep 17, 2003
Guys make sure to vote in the polls for the source(s) you have used. I took up a good amount of my time to get those polls into those threads as was requested by members so let's make sure they are used!