©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anyone else eat chard?

Roman

Jul 5, 2013
Here is a link to an entire page about chard:
Swiss chard

A lot of foods contain a variety of nutrients, but when searching for the best sources of most nutrients, chard showed up at the top of the list for most! It's a natural multi-vitamin. It also has a few unique qualities that I think are worth mentioning:

biotin: better skin, helps effective use of sugar, and helps get energy to nerve cells.
calcium: for ATP production
choline: efficient muscle/nerve communication and anti-inflammatory
magnesium: needed for calcium to be effective
Nitric Oxide: biosynthesized from l-arginine when NOS enzymes are present. NOS functions when the body has iron, niacine, riboflavin, folate, and vitamin c. Chard has all of these except niacine but if you eat chicken you're fine.

hope you found this interesting or of use.

vikingquest

Jan 21, 2012
I don't know why, but I thought chard was a fish. Gonna see if I can find some and add it to switch up kale and salads.

Roman

Jul 5, 2013
It sounds like a fish name. haha. I've almost completely replaced kale with it, but once in a while I'll buy kale.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I think you guys mistakened it for char. Now thats a fish. I have never tried chard, but you certainly have me interested. Going to see if anyone has is way out here in the boondocks. Thanks for posting