©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Any affordable meal prep suggestions for poor f***ers like me??? How to best do meal

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
So we all know that meal prepping the key to success, but what if you are a poor person?? So if you are on a tight budget how do you get between four and six meals with lean protein in it daily along with complex carbs here and there which are also a bit pricey?? What is your affordable meal prepping solution?

formula1069

Donating Member
Oct 29, 2012
Someone posted this before but i couldnt find link here but here it is on Utube
Just search Body Building Budget on U Tube there are a bunch of videos on it

i am lucky and dont have to worry about that so i never watched any of the videos , but i am sure it can be done
Good luck

"Big on a Budget" with Evan "Ox" Centopani - YouTube

Phoe2006

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Chicken and rice, tuna, oatmeal, and fruit but chicken for me is fuckin mundane and can't do it. I eat just healthy and snacks are protein bars but any unhealthy shit is usually burned off working in the heat and carrying shit around all damn day. Wish I could be more help.

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Oats, rice and potatoes for carbs.

Boneless , skinless chicken breast is usually $2/lb out here. That's not bad for protein. Tuna's cheap but I can't stand it.

I buy a shit load of ground beef when it's on sale. In the off season I eat 85/15 which sometimes goes for $2.50/lb

Unfortunately when cutting I eat 93/7 that stuffs always at least $4.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Sam's Club an Costco are great for dieting on a budget. You staples really aren't that expensive. Chicken beasts @ $1.88/lb. Eggs, tilapia, tuna, all reasonable proteins. Oats, sweet, potatoes, and rice, all great and affordable carbs. Broccoli, asparagus, peas, beans, green pepper, bananas, avocados,mushrooms, all reasonable. Throw in a few spices and some extra virgin olive oil and you about have all you need.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Sam's Club an Costco are great for dieting on a budget. You staples really aren't that expensive. Chicken beasts @ $1.88/lb. Eggs, tilapia, tuna, all reasonable proteins. Oats, sweet, potatoes, and rice, all great and affordable carbs. Broccoli, asparagus, peas, beans, green pepper, bananas, avocados,mushrooms, all reasonable. Throw in a few spices and some extra virgin olive oil and you about have all you need.

I just want to see my dick when I piss again one day

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY

Hey I forgot about the egg! Low cost protein any time. Now buying whites only can get expensive.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Budget or not, you'll be eating many of the same foods/meals day in and day out. For many I believe this is one of the more difficult aspects, the boredom. I realized early on food was fuel, not fun to eat. Especially every 2.5-3 hours.
Couple that with having to pay for/prep this boring stuff, and it's a recipe for failure for many - unless you can separate the enjoyment of eating with it having purpose. Everything must have purpose.
G.

xchewbaccax777

Aug 13, 2013
Budget or not, you'll be eating many of the same foods/meals day in and day out. For many I believe this is one of the more difficult aspects, the boredom. I realized early on food was fuel, not fun to eat. Especially every 2.5-3 hours.
Couple that with having to pay for/prep this boring stuff, and it's a recipe for failure for many - unless you can separate the enjoyment of eating with it having purpose. Everything must have purpose.
G.

Well said

Sandpig

AnaSCI VET
Mar 22, 2014
SIN CITY
Budget or not, you'll be eating many of the same foods/meals day in and day out. For many I believe this is one of the more difficult aspects, the boredom. I realized early on food was fuel, not fun to eat. .

I learned this from Jay when I first met him.

Luckily I've actually gotten to enjoy some of the foods.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I learned this from Jay when I first met him.

Luckily I've actually gotten to enjoy some of the foods.

I used to get teased at work years back eating plain tuna out of the can. "Time for your cat food again?" they used to say. I had been doing it for some time already and their comments meant nothing. The point is that I not only got used to it over time, I began to crave it as I knew that eating that fuel was helping me to grow, physically and mentally as a bodybuilder which tasted sweeter and better to me than any food could.
G.

MattG

AnaSCI VET
Mar 8, 2014
U.S.
I used to get teased at work years back eating plain tuna out of the can. "Time for your cat food again?" they used to say. I had been doing it for some time already and their comments meant nothing. The point is that I not only got used to it over time, I began to crave it as I knew that eating that fuel was helping me to grow, physically and mentally as a bodybuilder which tasted sweeter and better to me than any food could.
G.

Diet is where i fall short, i need to get more serious about it. I eat nothing but quality home cooked meals with all the staples of a bodybuilder...4000-5000 calories a day with minimum of 300g protein. But my meals arent split up as good as they should be. Really only have 3 large meals a day with protein shakes in between. So i am constantly getting nutrition, but not solid foods every 2.5 hours...

dorian777

Apr 28, 2013
Diet is where i fall short, i need to get more serious about it. I eat nothing but quality home cooked meals with all the staples of a bodybuilder...4000-5000 calories a day with minimum of 300g protein. But my meals arent split up as good as they should be. Really only have 3 large meals a day with protein shakes in between. So i am constantly getting nutrition, but not solid foods every 2.5 hours...

Add powdered oats and bananas to your shakes and you're set.