©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Any advice to break thru a deadlift plateau?

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I ain't a kid anymore, but I would like to hear some ideas on how you increased your deadlift max. How you approached it and the results. Seems I have been stuck around the same weight for a while.

turbobusa

Super Moderator - RIP
Nov 18, 2012
Well Brick I have Had great luck with partials(which I know you do) But I really feel heavy barbell rows contribute greatly to a good pull. I know Coan
would floor row with up to a nickle for his sets. I like more stretch than that
but either way i'm sure it helps. Do you have access to a reverse hyper by chance . I know several guys that told me it was a game changer for both squat and DL. I will commence pulling again after february so it's going to be fun.What part of the lift do you stick or lose momentum?

Ironbuilt

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Mûnich , Germany
Great question brick.. Turbos on it with the reverse hyp and I add good mornings into the mix as well. I've been stuck for long time too and now go at it with a hell raiser attitude. A little stim helps pull the trigger on worn out after work workouts..

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
These are great ideas, thanks guys. I love deads. Maybe I'm just looking to bring a fresh angle into the mix. Like I said, seems I have been doing about the same weight for quite a while, but nothing keeps going up forever lol

dudcki27

Banned
Oct 25, 2012
Have you ever tried crock rows? You grab the absolute heaviest dumbbell that you can do around 40 reps with. Your back and grip strength will improve and help with your deads.

thebrick

Super Moderator - RIP
Oct 28, 2012
I have not tried those but the idea sounds good. Tomorrow is back day too.