©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anabolic Research Update Oct 2005

MR. BMJ

AnaSCI VIP / Donating Member
Sep 24, 2006
Drive, Chinese GH and Arachidonic Acid

Question: Is my bottle of Drive real? Thanks!

Answer: Unfortunately, no. It’s a counterfeit. There are currently a number of very good-looking fakes of the RWR line (Australia) circulating on the black market. The first thing you should notice is the availability. Vet steroids aren’t exactly that easy to obtain in Australia, where they’re made. Even smaller numbers are going to be exported, making it highly unlikely any dealer in the U.S. would have access to abundant amounts. In fact, in all the years I’ve been studying and cataloging the market, I’ve seen very few Australian-made steroids coming from U.S. sources. Lately, I’ve been seeing this Drive a lot, which immediately makes it stand out to me. Upon close inspection, we see some mistakes that can differentiate the real from the bogus product, but you need to look very closely, as these counterfeiters did a fairly good job on this product. First, the fake vial is slightly shorter and thinner than the real. However, you would need to have both products in your possession to make an effective side-by-side comparison. You can look at the label gap quickly, though, which refers to the amount of space between the label edges in the back, where there’s bare glass. The gap on the real vial of Drive is about 1/3 to 1/2 an inch. The fake is very tight, with only a thin space of bare glass, measuring less than 1/4 inch in width. There are also many minor mistakes with logo and typestyles throughout the box and vial, but again, telling someone this is fatter than it should be only works when you have both products to compare. The easiest thing to do, is to look at the three lines of text on the face of the box listing the “ACTIVE CONSTITUENTS.” Directly under the last “S” in “constituents” should be the number “2” from the drug concentration “25mg/mL.” The two characters should be perfectly aligned on top of one another. On the fake, immediately below the “S” is the number “5.” The text has been shifted slightly to the left compared to the real box. The 2 therefore, is sitting more under the letter “T.” Avoid this product! I can’t tell you what, if any, steroid is in it, but I know for sure it wasn’t made by RWR Australia.

Chinese Human Growth Hormone

Question: What do you think of the different GH products in China? Some are very cheap compared to Serostim® kits over here. Should I be importing my GH from now on?

Answer: Only you can decide this, but I’ll give you a little background info to chew on before making your decision. Much of this info came from a researcher who works with me named Ronny Tober, who has been looking into the Chinese GH market very closely for some time now. What Tober found out was quite interesting and very important to know. First off, GenSci owns patent rights on a manufacturing process, called secretion technology, for Somatropin in China.Somatropin, of course, is a correct synthetic duplicate of the human growth hormone molecule, which is a polypeptide containing 191 amino acids. They sell this product under the brand name Jintropin, named after the person (Dr. Jin) who developed the technology. This product should be comparable to Serostim® in all regards (given proper handling and dosing of course). Most other companies seem to be selling the 192 amino acid analog of GH, however, called somatrem. Somatrem is an unnatural 192 amino acid variant of the human GH molecule. The extra amino acid residue is produced as a byproduct of the old manufacturing process (called inclusion body technology). Somatrem is still sold in many areas of the world including the United States, where Genetech markets it under the trade name Protropin. However, it is not an “ideal” form of HGH. It’s a biologically effective molecule, yes, but it also predates synthesized somatropin. Once the correct somatropin molecule was created in labs and made available for widespread use, some clear differences in effect were noted between the old and new forms of the drug. In particular, somatrem is apt to produce an antibody reaction in users, as the body recognizes the incorrect GH protein as a foreign invader and tries to block its effects. Although it can be and still is, used quite effectively, given the ease in which somatropin can be obtained at this point, there seems little reason to purchase the inferior molecule. Because of the patent, you are likely to be buying somatrem when getting other brands of HGH from China. Fitropin, for example, makes it very clear that they are selling somatrem instead of somatropin. For many buyers, the better price far outweighs any potential for a less effective cycle (which would probably not be easily noticed anyway). Ansomone, on the other hand, is a very popular brand of GH in China and one the makers mislabel as containing somatropin. Upon close analysis, it’s shown to really contain somatrem instead. So if I were to buy GH from China, I’d either go for Jintropin, or knowingly save a little money on somatrem by grabbing Fitropin. I’d rather not give the money to a company that mislabels their GH, so you know the other brands would probably be out of contention for my money.

Arachidonic Acid

Question: I just finished a 50-day cycle of arachidonic acid (X-Factor) at a dosage of 1,000 milligrams daily. I gained about eight pounds of lean mass and lost two to three percent body fat. I’d compare the gains to a cycle I did last year of Winstrol (20 milligrams per day), but I actually lost more fat this time. I was wondering what would happen if I ignored your advice and doubled the dosage. Would my gains be better? Also, could I stack this with a mild anabolic steroid like Anavar or Winstrol for better results?

Answer: I don’t think you should double the dosage for a few reasons. For one, I think at 1,000 milligrams there’s already a dramatic effect on protein turnover rates (in both directions). Some users are required to up their calories considerably, sometimes 1,000 to 1,500 calories per day, just to gain adequate mass. I suspect as we go higher, turnover will be amplified even more, making it harder to keep up from a dietary standpoint. The normal dosage recommendation of 1,000 milligrams was worked up after a long period of trial, error and consideration. I do think it’s best right now and seems to work well with almost all of the people who take the supplement. Also worth considering is the fact that while we do have safety data from a few studies going much higher in dosage, the bulk of the medical data I drew from when developing this supplement used about 1,500 to 1,700 milligrams per day. This is 500 to 700 milligrams more than we recommend, which gives us a little cushion. However, if you double the dosage, you would be taking 2,000 milligrams per day, which goes a little bit outside the scope of most reference studies.Although I don’t perceive any immediate danger here, I feel more comfortable keeping it to the 1,000-milligram dose, where I have much more data showing its safe use. You also need to keep in mind that AA is a pro-inflammatory agent. Soreness will intensify the more you take, as will the likelihood pain might surface from other low-level injuries or joint strain. Again, the 1,000-milligram recommendation seems to be an ideal balance of effect and comfort.As for stacking it with an anabolic, there should be no issues with this. If anything, since AA intensifies the core anabolic cascade (of which androgen receptor proliferation is a part), there should be a strong synergy between the two, with the arachidonic acid heightening cellular responsiveness to steroid therapy. Of course, that’s not a license to go out and take steroids. You need to decide on your own and with proper medical counseling and supervision, if it’s a decision that’s going to be right for you. But yes, the two do make a good stack in my experience.