©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Anabolic Research Update Nov 2003

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Warning: Opinions expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect the views of this magazine’s publisher or its editorial staff. MD does not condone any form of illegal drug use for bodybuilding or for any recreational purpose. MD also does not condone the abuse of legal drugs for any purpose. Oral Equipoise?

Question: A guy I buy my gear from told me he would be selling oral Equipoise soon. Is this true? Is it even possible to take Equipoise orally?

Answer: Yes, indeed this rumor is true. My sources inside British Dragon have just confirmed for me that they’re working on this product, so expect to find this steroid with a BD “Boldabol” label on it very soon. I suspect a lot of readers are scratching their heads right now. Equipoise is an injectable steroid, not an oral, right? Well things aren’t always quite that simple with steroids. To give you a little chemistry background, most oral steroids are c-17alpha alkylated structures. This modification, also known as c-17a-methylaton, does an almost complete job of protecting a steroid from the destructive digestive process (mainly liver breakdown of the steroid). This allows it to reach the bloodstream intact, whereas unprotected steroids like testosterone and nandrolone are essentially useless via oral administration. Almost every oral steroid we’ve become familiar with is a “methylated” agent and for obvious good reason. But when we look at boldenone, we don’t have c-17-methylation on this steroid (actually, methyated boldenone is Dianabol). So where does this leave us? Boldenone may not be methylated, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s useless when taken orally. Strong resistance to liver breakdown, as in c-17-methylation, also makes a steroid somewhat liver toxic and to minimize this a few less-toxic “exceptions” to the methylated-oral rule have been created. These include Proviron, Primobolan and Andriol. These steroids are few in number next to their methylated cousins and are also not very potent in comparison. But they work if you take a high enough dosage. It’s all about resistance to metabolism and it doesn’t matter how a steroid avoids liver metabolism, just that it does. In the case of boldenone, we have a steroid that’s inherently somewhat resistant to hepatic breakdown because of its 1,4-androstadiene base structure. Also known as dehydrotestosterone, boldenone can offer a “fair” level of oral bioavailability, probably in the same ballpark as Primobolan or Proviron. In this case BD has modified it with an acetate ester, a structure also found on Primobolan. This ester also helps protect the steroid, but not significantly (try using testosterone acetate orally and you’ll see what I mean).In my opinion, consumers can look at oral boldenone sort of like oral Primobolan or oral trenbolone acetate. These steroids work if you take a high enough dosage, but also tend to be very cost ineffective compared to injecting the same agents. So in this case we’re trading total oral bioavailability and potency for a safer (less liver toxic) oral option. Or perhaps in the eyes of some consumers, they’re gaining access to a steroid normally off limits because it’s taken only by injection (hey, some people hate needles). Either way, you’ll see this steroid soon. I have my doubts whether it will set the market on fire, but not that it will work.

New Thai Stanozolol

Question: I’ve enclosed an empty bottle of Stanozolol. It’s supposed to be from Thailand, but I buy a lot of Thai gear and have never come across it before. Can you tell me if it’s real?

Answer: Yes, your product is real. It seems that British Dispensary (not to be confused with British Dragon) has finally decided to expand its steroid catalog, at least a little bit. We have, likewise, seen two new products from them in recent months. The first is a higher dosed version of their original and still widely popular, Dianabol product “Anabol.” The new product is called “Anabol 10,” and it contains (you guessed it) 10 milligrams of Dianabol per tablet instead of five milligrams. It comes 500 tablets to a tub, which is half the count (but same total steroid) as the original formulation. The product you sent over is their second new item, stanozolol. They sell this under the new brand name Azolol. Azolol comes in the form of five-milligram tablets, with a total of 400 included in each blue plastic bottle. If you’re visiting Thailand, the product should be a real steal for the amount of Winstrol you get with it. In the States, it’s likely to sell for a much higher price (of course), perhaps even $1 per tablet (or more). Although there are probably many other medications BD could make money selling (given their high-profile nature in the steroid community), there aren’t many legal options for them. BD is a legitimately registered Thai drug company and the selection of Thai-FDA approved steroid medications they can sell is small. Although “yet another Winstrol product” may not seem like big news, I think it sort of is for BD. Bodybuilders can expect to see this in volume on the black market I’m sure, as continues to be the case with their other well-distributed products.

New Site-Enhancer?

Question: A few of the local trainers are using a substance they mix with 1cc of an anabolic and then inject into specific muscles. They claim it keeps the anabolic in the targeted muscle and cooks/incubates. The product causes intense swelling and severe flu-like symptoms, but they fade as use continues. I have knowledge that this product is used by some of the local, top pro bodybuilders. I’ve obtained a sample, but am having no luck in getting it analyzed. Any ideas on how I can find out what it is?

Answer: The problem you’re going to have with testing is that you don’t know what you’re testing for. When I send a steroid product into the lab for analysis, I can tell the laboratory upfront that I’m looking for X steroid. This makes the process fairly easy for them. It becomes more complicated the minute I don’t know what they’re testing for, even if it’s a “steroid.” For example, when I have a bottle of steroid sent in for testing, it’s usually only one test (I check the dosing of X compound). Sometimes the results come back with none of the specified hormone being present, but the lab is able to tell me that “something else steroidal” is in the product. They can’t accurately identify it without running more tests, at which point I need to decide if I want to pay for more tests. It can be almost a process of elimination, one test at a time. The moral of the story is that I can sometimes spend a great deal more money than I would normally, to identify the substituted ingredient in a counterfeit product. And we are working with the same “family” of products here. You’re going to the lab completely blind as to what they need to test for. I suspect your product can be identified, but it will probably take a great deal of expense and patience on your part. For what it’s worth, the description you’re giving me sounds like injectable PGF2alpha, which is a potent site-enhancing drug known to produce the side effects of swelling and flu-like symptoms you mentioned. It will not hold steroid in the local tissues, however, but it will provide an anabolic effect in its own right (regardless if it’s injected in the same needle as a steroid or not). But again, I’m totally in the dark here and wouldn’t assume to “know” what you’ve got based on what you’re telling me. If you invest the money to find out for sure, please let me know. SEND IN YOUR QUESTIONS OR EMPTY STEROID BOXES and GET YOUR COPY OF ANABOLICS 2005 FREE! I want to know what’s on your mind. If I use your question or put a photograph of your steroid box in this column, you get a free copy of ANABOLICS 2005— it’s as simple as that! Remember to send EMPTY steroid boxes only! Questions/boxes can be mailed to William Llewellyn, c/o Body of Science, 5500 Military Trail #22-318, Jupiter, FL 33458. Please remember to include your mailing address when sending. ANABOLICS 2005: Anabolic Steroid Reference Manual