©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

amp opener ???

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
MOPAR1122 said:
does anyone know where i can get a amp opener in a store or around town?
NO-
You Use a fingernail file to score it with and then with a ply of tissue wrappeda round the tips of your fingers,you give it a quick snap w/pressure form opposite side of the score.
[Independently owened] drug stores sometimes sell stuff like that,but why bother?

Last edited:

MOPAR1122

Aug 24, 2005
us
well, i never had a problem opening nile sust. but i just got some new turkish sust. and the tops broke open all jagged and it got some glass in the oil.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
MOPAR1122 said:
well, i never had a problem opening nile sust. but i just got some new turkish sust. and the tops broke open all jagged and it got some glass in the oil.
oops.sucks-be sure,obviously-to avoid the glass-if its a dark amp and you cant see it.Keep your needle tip as off the bottom as you can-put a flashlight behind it or something-dont inject a tiny shard of glass into your[wherever]That could turn to be a real nuisance.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
MOPAR1122 said:
what would happen to me if i did inject a few tiny pieces of glass?
probably not much of anything given it's tiny size.On the other hand it might be a constant irritation at the site.Point is DON'T.If you have an empty amp try pouring it into that one and losing the tiny amount at the bottom that will be holding the glass,if there's more than a speck trash it and pop open a new one.

kell11

AnaSCI VET
Mar 1, 2005
On My Boat in Texas
MOPAR1122 said:
it seems that the turkish sust break so much easier than the nile sust.
They vary.I have some Galenika TestE that has glass 1/16" thick with no dot.
Just gotta get a good score on them with that nail file and any glass will snap easily--key is-Do it quick-SNAP. Don't just keep applying more force until it gives...If it dont just snap off,you dont have the amp turned right in your hand.And use tissue around each finger/hand. Cut yourself once on one of those amps and you wont do it twice.

Last edited: