©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

AAS & Longevity

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
There are several members here pushing 50 years old. I have read and seen interviews with men who swear the health benefits of AAS include living longer due to stronger muscles and bones. Then I have also read that studies where rats and worms were fed a calorie restricted diet, the treatment groups lived 1/3 longer than the control groups. Since life cycles of rats and worms are so much faster than humans, we still don't have any lifetime studies of humans on calorie restricted diets even though many people are trying it and swear by it. Since AAS users often eat a LOT more calories than average it seems by this "restricted calorie-longer life" theory would point to a shorter lifetime for AAS users. Anybody out there have insights into this?

tee

AnaSCI VET
Feb 6, 2004
USA
I dont know if using AAS would necessarily make one live longer, and I really dont care about that. Even if it was proven to shorten my life, you need to look at quality of life as well. Sitting in a nursing home sucking dinner through a straw and shitting in the bath tub because I am damn near brain dead and dont know where Im at is pretty lousy living. I would rather live a shorter time span and have good health and strength which can be possible with the use of AAS therapy.

Andrew

Jun 11, 2005
me too

Captain Canuck said:
Thanks for the post Andrew!

I am almost 40 years old so that's good news for me.
You just made my day.

I'm getting closer to 40 myself. I would sure be interested in any research of AAS on longevity. I certainly agree with Tee that AAS provide for a higher quality of life.

DragonRider

Steroid Nazi
Jan 25, 2004
The shadows of your mind
tee said:
I dont know if using AAS would necessarily make one live longer, and I really dont care about that. Even if it was proven to shorten my life, you need to look at quality of life as well. Sitting in a nursing home sucking dinner through a straw and shitting in the bath tub because I am damn near brain dead and dont know where Im at is pretty lousy living. I would rather live a shorter time span and have good health and strength which can be possible with the use of AAS therapy.
Amen brother. I will be 48 in a couple of days and I feel like I'm 20 most of the time. Better yet, 20 somethings approach me to ask how to get in shape.

ben johnson

Sep 1, 2005
mormonville
im 40 and i landed a 27 year old that did not know i was 40 for a long time...i have more energy and am more outgoing than most the guys her age and i definatly look hella better....aas = quality of life....