©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

A little Diet help please.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
OK So I have been bulking and its time to cut. I am 6'4 225 as of right now. I have no problems eating clean what so ever but not sure how many calories to cut out and not over do it. I lift 4 days a week on my lunch break and its about 45min a day. I do not have a lot of time to do cardio as of right now because when I get home I have 3 kids I try to spend time with get home work done cleaned up and put to bed. I would like to get down to about 205 by July if possible. I just cleaned up my diet starting this week and was thinking about hitting 2000 calories a day. I am still gonna try to get al least 200 grams of protein a day if possible. So what is your guys opinion? O and byt the way I have no idea what my BF% is? Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 57
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 60

Rory

Banned
Sep 29, 2012
Hey bro, I'm not the best on diet advice. But when I have to cut weight I usually run DNP if possible, if not I do Lyle mcDonalds RFL diet plan. Works great to drop fast. If your interested let me know and I'll pm you his website an login info for the calculator to do your diet.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I'd take carbs down low and limit them to only around training (intra and post) and make the rest of your meals protein and fat meals.

If you can post up what your daily diet looks like it would help. If you are only consuming a little over 1,400 kcals that is a little ridiculous. At your height and weight you should be eating much more and if you time your kcals right, this should not be problem.

If you can, try to hit some AM cardio before work. A quick HIIT session a few times per week would strip fat pretty good.

Big-John

AnaSCI VET
Oct 25, 2012
Sorry guys I just saw this. I got some help from another board. And that was just half way through my day. I am taking in around 2100 a day not 1400.

godfather2112

Jun 9, 2009
Big- John.
I recently cut a ton of fat on a 5 week cut. I carb cycled between 60-150g carbs. I got my carbs from Ezekiel bread and fruit (no processed wheats, grains etc). I did minimal cardio, actually near none. I just did high intensity interval training and kept my heart rate above 140.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
I agree with Atom.
A short but intense cardio session a few times a week in the am pre feed can do some real work for you - as long as you're consistent and really busting your ass.
I'd do around the 2,100 kCal mark daily and on days you weight train, keep carbs coming in first meal of day and pre/post workout. Be more conservative with them other meals. No weight days, drop carbs lower than weight days but add SOME of those cut calories back in protein and healthy fats. Regardless of weight day or not, higher carb meals are early in the day.

AtomAnt

AnaSCI VET
Oct 27, 2012
Swole-Nation
I agree with Atom.
A short but intense cardio session a few times a week in the am pre feed can do some real work for you - as long as you're consistent and really busting your ass.
I'd do around the 2,100 kCal mark daily and on days you weight train, keep carbs coming in first meal of day and pre/post workout. Be more conservative with them other meals. No weight days, drop carbs lower than weight days but add SOME of those cut calories back in protein and healthy fats. Regardless of weight day or not, higher carb meals are early in the day.

Grim - What I like to do is add in extra kcals on training days pre-intra-post workout as both carbs and protein. Even while gaining weight, I keep the remainder of meals P/F focused and on training days add in one extra P/C meal before bed (increase in serotonin helps with sleep, plus I train at night).

IMO, P/C meals should be centered around when you need those macros for recovery, regardless of the time of day it is. If you have your macros right and timed appropriately with training you can still build muscle while lose fat.

The Grim Repper

Super Moderator
Sep 26, 2008
Making it Happen Somewhere
Grim - What I like to do is add in extra kcals on training days pre-intra-post workout as both carbs and protein. Even while gaining weight, I keep the remainder of meals P/F focused and on training days add in one extra P/C meal before bed (increase in serotonin helps with sleep, plus I train at night).

IMO, P/C meals should be centered around when you need those macros for recovery, regardless of the time of day it is. If you have your macros right and timed appropriately with training you can still build muscle while lose fat.

I should have maybe said that more clearly in that the pre/post (and intra) should have a good amount of carbohydrate WITH protein.