©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

24 Hour Fitness Aquires 32 Bally's Fitness Clubs!

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Where I live, all the good gyms have closed, so I've been working out at Bally's the last few years. The 24 Hour gyms near me are too small. Anyway, I went to the gym last night to walk on the treadmill...Recovering from a two level lumbar fusion last week...and the 24 Hour Fitness equipment was being installed. The good news is, they're not planning on closing the other 24 hour gyms in the area, which would overload the gym I train at.

Bally's had previously sold 171 clubs to LA Fitness in 2011 and 39 clubs to Blast Fitness in 2012. This last sale to 24 Hour leaves Bally's with only 6 clubs remaining.

24 Hour Fitness to Acquire 32 Bally Total Fitness Clubs | For-profits content from Club Industry

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Interesting info. I've never worked out at a Bally's but any gym that is open for 24 hrs is good in my book!

I'm glad to hear that you are recovering Bio.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Not all 24hr fitnesses are open 24 hrs anymore. A lot of them around here close at night and reopen at 4am. Unfortunately they have really gone down hill in this area

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Luckily, we have a Gold's gym that I have been using for the last 6 years. It is a real gym. It is open 24 hours a day during the week. I sure hope it doesn't close.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Luckily, we have a Gold's gym that I have been using for the last 6 years. It is a real gym. It is open 24 hours a day during the week. I sure hope it doesn't close.

Yeah I sure miss having a golds gym around here. There is talk of la fitness coming to town. Anyone know what la fitness is like?

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Yeah I sure miss having a golds gym around here. There is talk of la fitness coming to town. Anyone know what la fitness is like?
I used one for a couple of months while out of town for work. That one was nice, similar to Golds

Sully

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Dec 3, 2012

I haven't been there, but I've been told that the one in Louisville has the treadmills and cardio equipment set up in what is almost an actual movie theater. Different levels all facing a giant screen, with movies playing all day long. That might help take my mind off how shitty it is to do cardio.

humpthebobcat

Dec 22, 2013
I miss SMAC, san marcos athletic club...two dollars a day to workout, place is a dungeon....chalk and 100pound plates everywhere...all the machines custom made/welded...giant chalk board of the top lifters, and the ceiling was lined with power lifting and bb trophies....oooo weee, thats what im talkin bout

Alinshop

May 20, 2013
Not all 24hr fitnesses are open 24 hrs anymore. A lot of them around here close at night and reopen at 4am. Unfortunately they have really gone down hill in this area

Same here. Our 24 hr gym started closing at midnight, which isn't too bad, but they close so freaking early on Sat and Sun at 6pm. wtf