©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Kimbo Slice vs Ken Shamrock

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
In his return to MMA, Kevin “Kimbo Slice” Ferguson will fight the man he was originally pitted against seven years ago.

Slice (4-2) will take on UFC Hall of Famer Ken Shamrock (28-15-2) this summer. Officials today announced the bout.

The event takes place June 20 at Scottrade Center in St. Louis. Slice vs. Shamrock headlines the Spike TV-televised main card, which follows prelims on MMAjunkie.

The Bellator event takes place the same day as UFC Fight Night 69 in Berlin.

Bellator recently announced a new deal with Slice, a 41-year-old Bahamian-born fighter who hasn’t competed in MMA since a 2010 UFC loss to Matt Mitrione.

Slice is veteran slugger previously known for a series of underground fights posted to YouTube, and later for a career with the now-defunct EliteXC promotion and eventually the UFC.

Slice had a brief run in the UFC and on “The Ultimate Fighter 10″ after an upset loss to Seth Petruzelli in 2008 and the subsequent collapse of EliteXC, which featured him prominently in a series of highly promoted network-televised events on CBS. Slice was actually supposed to fight Shamrock, but after the MMA trailblazer suffered a cut just prior to the fight, Petruzelli stepped in as a replacement and pulled off the upset.

“I remember how excited I was when this fight was originally announced, and how disappointed I was when it didn’t come to fruition at that time,” Bellator President Scott Coker stated. “I’m very happy we were able to put this one together because I know these guys still have a lot of unfinished business to take care of, and when they do, it will be something special.”

In recent years, Slice had turned his attention to pro boxing, where he racked up a 7-0 mark against a string of largely overmatched opponents.

Shamrock, meanwhile, has been on the sidelines since November 2010. The 22-year pro was slated for an April bareknuckle-boxing bout, which according to Shamrock, will take place at a later date (via Twitter):

Thank you for all the support. Do NOT miss this fight. It is my warmup before the bare knuckle fight later this summer. God bless.

Shamrock, 51, competed at the first UFC event, eventually won a title, earned a UFC Hall of Fame induction and fought for a variety of organizations across the globe during his lengthy career.

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Not sure what Ken has been up to, but Kimbo has been boxing and should be in pretty good shape. Ken is older and has a lot of hard miles on him. I think Kimbo is going to knock him out early. Dude has an iron jaw nasty haymaker.

kubes

AnaSCI VET
Aug 23, 2013
Los Angeles
Not sure what Ken has been up to, but Kimbo has been boxing and should be in pretty good shape. Ken is older and has a lot of hard miles on him. I think Kimbo is going to knock him out early. Dude has an iron jaw nasty haymaker.

Oh yeah Ken sucks. He was good back in the day but he really needs to hang up the gloves. He must need the money

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
aren't these guys to old to be fighting, someone might break a hip lmfao ��

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
You think that's bad, watch the fight between mark Kerr and Oleg Taktarov. If you are not familiar with either one, watch their old videos. Both were animals bit this fight was just really really sad. Mark Kerr's documentary "The Smashing Machine" is a good watch as well.
Oleg Taktarov v Mark Kerr: [ame]http://youtu.be/7lqqUhpywYM[/ame]

K1

Blue-Eyed Devil...
Jun 25, 2006
Ken isn't looking overly bad for 51yr old...My bet's on Ken with a submission but, we'll see how the jaw holds up after the first hit or two!

Attachments

• kimbo-vs-ken-shamrock.jpg
    kimbo-vs-ken-shamrock.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 44

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
You think that's bad, watch the fight between mark Kerr and Oleg Taktarov. If you are not familiar with either one, watch their old videos. Both were animals bit this fight was just really really sad. Mark Kerr's documentary "The Smashing Machine" is a good watch as well.
Oleg Taktarov v Mark Kerr: http://youtu.be/7lqqUhpywYM

Ken is going to get crushed! 1st round KO!! The only prayer he has is if he shoots on Kimbo, takes him down, and manages to get a submission...If he stands with Kimbo it's lights out quick!!

Magnus those guys were great to watch. I'm old enough to have watched the first UFC and the Pride era. Mark Kerr was on his way to something great but got massively derailed. Speaking of Taktarov, there's a member at PM, he doesn't post anymore...michaelthomasj...I think that's his screen name...Anyway, he fought Takatorov a long time ago!...I'm not sure if it was an mma style fight or grappling.

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
Ken needs to look like his old self for this fight!

Attachments

• Ken Shamrock.jpg
    Ken Shamrock.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 42

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
Magnus those guys were great to watch. I'm old enough to have watched the first UFC and the Pride era. Mark Kerr was on his way to something great but got massively derailed. Speaking of Taktarov, there's a member at PM, he doesn't post anymore...michaelthomasj...I think that's his screen name...Anyway, he fought Takatorov a long time ago!...I'm not sure if it was an mma style fight or grappling.

That's cool, never knew that of michaelthomasj. Those first matches were brutal. Kerr, Coleman, Tank, Taktarov, Frye, Yoshihero, Gracie. All fun to watch. I remember watching Kevin Randalman drop Fedor Emelianenko right on his head. I thought he killed him. Not only did Fedor get up, but won the fight. Those guys were beasts. Lots of dilaudid back then. Fedor vs Randleman - Suplex: [ame]http://youtu.be/FtFvR7QRmow[/ame]

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Did the test for AAS back in the early days. Maybe that's why Ken Shamrock looks so much smaller now. I know he's 20 years older, but a 51 year old man is fully capable of looking like he used to.

chrisr116

AnaSCI VET
Nov 20, 2012
Yeah. I'd say they didn't. I used to love the old fights. No time limits, no pulling em from the mat for restarts, etc

Last edited:

*Bio*

Super Moderator
Oct 30, 2012
There was never drug testing in PRIDE and not in the UFC for a fairly long time.

Magnus you're bringing me back to a time when I LOVED watching PRIDE. I don't think it was ever quite the caliber of the UFC but fun to watch! You posted that picture of Bob Sapp...There's a guy who should never have lost a fight, except for the fact that he never learned to fight! LOL!! He swung like a girl...To bad there was 100lb arm attached to it! Hahahaha!! When he beat Ernesto Hoost it just about killed me!

That Fedor - Randleman fight was great...Fedor didn't even skip a beat after after he got dumped on his head! Another fight that I liked was when Fedor fought Fujita...Fujita caught him and almost KO'd him but Fedor clinched, got his bearings, and won the fight!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dcAQz8c3hM