©ALL CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS COPYRIGHTED AND CANNOT BE REPRODUCED WITHOUT THE ADMINISTRATORS CONSENT 2003-2020

Are there stupid dogs or just stupid owners?

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
So, a question of nature vs nurture for the animal kingdom. I have been surrounded by animals my entire life. My family has owned horses, pigs, rabbits, various varmints, cats, dogs, cows and I even worked haying for a buffalo farmer once. I say all that to summize while I have seen different levels of intelligence and definitely different personalities of animals I have rarely seen one born a pain in the ass.

It has been my observation that animals, pets in particular tend to be products of their environment. Case in point, since I was first married we have usually had a dog, but they have always been purebreads. Currently, we have a 7 yr. old male boxer who is a great dog. He listens great, rarely leaves the yard and comes straight back when we call and while he barks at the door bell he never barks at neighbors he knows or people walking randomly down the street...EVER!

On the other hand my neighbors have three dogs who are constantly outside and bark every time I am outside. He yells at them but they never stop WTF??? Every F'n day. I want to shoot the dogs, but maybe I should shoot the neighbors???

So, is it nature ie purebread dog (I have nothing against muts, I just like to know where my dogs who are around my kids come from) or is it lousy owners?

Hawk

lycan Venom

AnaSCI VET / Donating Member
Nov 22, 2013
I blame owners. Granted there is genetic issues with temperament. Idk i can relate it to planet of the apes, it all depends how you raise a self conscious being. Ceaser and kojo complete extreme opposites based on experience.

BigBob

Nov 10, 2012
Stupid owners! Any animal can turn but 99 ℅ of the time it lazy or stupid people.

srd1

Feb 19, 2013
midwest usa
I believe its all how their raised people are always bashing pits if their raised right there a simply awsome breed if their abused and neglected by a fucktard owner they turn bad just like any other dog would. Heres my little guy standing next to my 5'8" mother in law people are usually scared to death of him till they get to know him best most well minded dog ive ever owned. So ya dont shoot the dogs hawk its almost always the moronic owners that screw up a good dog lol

Attachments

• IMG_0808.jpg
    IMG_0808.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 26

Sully

Dec 3, 2012
Owners, almost entirely. Most people choose not to properly raise their children, do we expect anything different for their animals?

Magnus82

Banned
Oct 29, 2012
Out in the boondocks
I hear you Hawk. I have been an avid dog lover since I can remember. Almost all my dogs were on the BSB list (breed specific ban). Recently in the news, a neighboring County with the applied ban had le invaded the homes of these owners, drug pets outside and terminated them. Now I understand laws need to be abided, but this was just disturbing. Having owned several rotts, pitbulls, a chow, and a Cane Corso. I also donate 14hrs a month training and working with the more aggressive dogs to prepare them for adoption. I can tell you over the course of 23 years I have encountered 1 dog that was not suitable for adoption. Most banned dogs have 1 thing in common, they are highly intelligent (except the chow) Dominance must be established and the Alpha roll must be followed by everyone in the family. Dogs notice this immediately. Observe this sometime with you neighbors dogs. The owner certainly isn't, but watch watch as they begin barking. One will be the leader and the other will follow suit. The are some ways to tell if you or you dog is alpha. If you open the door who goes through first, you should. Upon them entering your house, does he wait for you command to proceed. Does he sit as you give his food and and waits for approval to eat. On walks, is he behind you at all times, no loitering, and mirroring you at all times and sitting immediately when you stop? I love dogs, but they can be every bit as dangerous as a gun or driving a car. I think, if even for certain breeds, classes should be taken for responsible ownership. It's amazing the difference in people that come to the shelter to adopt a collie as opposed to a rott or pit. Straight billed hats cocked to the side, pants hanging off their ass, smelling like weed. These are the people I'd love to see denied, but sadly if they meet the criteria, it's theirs. As bad as its sounds, in most cases, I would rather see these beautiful animals humanely euthanized, than go to dirt bags like this. So yes Hawk, the next time you roll up that newspaper, haul off and smack the owner.

chicken_hawk

AnaSCI VIP
Feb 2, 2013
Looks like we all agree then and Srd thanks for that sweet pic. Also, magnus you made a point that I myself have noticed as well. There should be some sort of screening process to adopt a pet. I have noticed my neighbor clealry has no control over his dogs, where as mine will look at me for permission before he dose anything. So, clearly my neighbor is the one who needs the smack and not his dogs.

Hawk